- January 26, 2021
This is a Manufacturing facility position. The priority is to maintain production flow, i.e., chopping, batching, overlooking line, packing, etc., and the quality of products on the production floor. Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently, and safely. Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and techniques for optimal manufacture and distribution of goods required.
Candidates that are going to work must wear steel toes. Masks are required. Do not wear dangling jewelry or loose/baggy or hooded clothing.
Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently, and safely. Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position. Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership, and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment.
Candidates are responsible for providing productive and efficient operations on the Mat Line. Safe operation of various machinery including but not limited to: forklift, mandrel puller, overhead crane, manual hand jack, and electric pallet jack.
A Mat Line Operator works closely with the Department Supervisor and production team members. Analytical and problem-solving skills, mechanical aptitude, and effective communication skills are a necessity. Must be detail-oriented to accurately record material and inventory related data. Practical experience with measuring tools, and hand tools including, but not limited to: hammer, pry bar, utility knife, scissors, etc. is required.
- Ability to operate designated machinery, load and unload items from machines/conveyors, and tag products with identification labels to ensure continuous production. Able to recognize quality defects and inform the Supervisor about any production process interruption.
- Ability to possess a thorough understanding of machine operation and inherent machine complexities. Responsible for mixing ingredients according to specified formulas, recording operational or production data, set-up and adjustments of machinery.
- Inform Supervisor of any production process interruptions or quality deviations; perform other duties according to the orders of management. Define the problems of any machine and material issues and respond in an efficient and timely manner to production needs and requirements.
- Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times. Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met. Responsible for performing SMATs and/or TFs and be an active participant in all other facility audits, manufacturing, and efficiency programs. This includes WCM involvement in projects and/or meetings, as required. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring 5S standards are met and maintained.
- Conduct self in a manner that demonstrates cooperation, leadership, and willingness to assist fellow workers with issues as they arise and provide assistance and training as may be necessary from time to time.
A High School Diploma or GED and at least 1 year of work-related experience in a manufacturing environment are required.
All employees are expected to comply with our shared ethical code as expressed through our Conduct and Action policy.