- May 12, 2021
Refrigeration Technicians, also known as Refrigeration Mechanics, install, repair, and troubleshoot refrigeration systems in homes and businesses. They work on climate control systems such as HVAC units as well as refrigeration storage units, ice machines, and beverage equipment.
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Refrigeration Technician Responsibilities:
- Processing and completing work orders.
- Contacting the client to ascertain their equipment needs.
- Ordering equipment supplies, repair modules, and sundries for the order.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Installing climate control systems, refrigeration units, and beverage equipment.
- Observing and testing newly installed systems.
- Troubleshooting refrigeration equipment failures.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Replacing worn seals, outer shells, and worn-out motors.
- Informing clients of repair costs and alternate cooling options.
Refrigeration Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Refrigeration Technician.
- HVAC certification.
- Braising and soldering skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Advanced mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment.