OPS is looking for Spray Painters. Spray Painters will operate spray-painting equipment to apply protective coatings to manufactured items or structures. The Spray Painter will setup equipment, mix materials, prepare surfaces, apply the required number of coatings, measure applied thickness and clean equipment following strict safety guidelines relating to hazardous materials and waste.
• Prepare surfaces to be coated by using various methods abrasive blasting, high-pressure water washing or power wire-brushing to remove grease, dirt, and rust
• Monitor extractors, drying fans and heaters
• Mix chemicals to meet the requirements of the customer
• Spray coatings such as paint, lacquer, enamel, silver or copper solutions onto manufactured products to provide finished surfaces
• Move items to drying areas and unload and stack them for further painting or packaging
• Rub down painted items between coats
• Touch up defective areas of painted items
• Clean nozzles, containers, and hoses of machines.
• 3 to 5 years of experience with industrial equipment or automotive spray painting a must
• Experience painting very large items a plus
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to understand technical specifications, use a tape measure and perform basic shop math
• Some forklift experience a plus
• Comfortable lifting 70 pounds, standing or bent over for long periods of time.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (respirators, gloves, safety glasses) for prolonged periods.
If you meet these requirements please respond to this ad in the top right-hand corner and submit your resume. Positions hiring immediately.
$15 to 20 Hourly